Last week I began my show on choosing, using and storing healthy oils only to discover 3 minutes before the show was to end that my microphone was muted. Needless to say, this is now the topic of the upcoming radio show!
Choosing, storing and using healthy oils is the key to making good choices in your diet. Your health is not only affected by the type of oil you choose, but also how you use it. Over heating can actually turn a good fat into a bad fat (trans fat). Storing oil is also vital to making sure you don’t get sick by using oil that has gone rancid.
Fat and oil have gotten a bad wrap over the years. The truth is that not all fats are created equal. Your brain, your hair, your skin and your arteries need healthy oils and healthy fat to function properly. The key is learning what choices to make and what to stay away from.
I will share with you a bit more information about healthy oils! Some of the topics that will be touched on are:
- What are the smoke points of oils and why is that important information?
- Should you worry about the fat content and type?
- Decipher single chain, Mono-Unsaturated Fatty Acids.
- Is there such a thing as a healthy saturated fat?
- How to spot ‘impostor olive oil’ in the grocery isle.
- What about the spray oils or non-stick sprays?
Stop by our Facebook Page if you have specific questions about this topic and leave a comment/question.